Goethe Sözleri İngilizce

Konusu 'Karışık Sözler' forumundadır ve webkolik tarafından 27 Ağustos 2012 başlatılmıştır.

1. webkolik

webkolik Süper moderatör Yönetici

Goethe Sözleri İngilizce Türkçe, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe sözleri ingilizce

Goethe İngilizce Sözleri

Night is the other half of life, and the better half.

Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident; may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will it's only action that can make a man.

There would be far less suffering amongst mankind, if men and God knows why they are so fashioned -- did not employ their imaginations so assiduously in recalling the memory of past sorrow, instead of bearing their present lot with equanimity.

As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
    GOETHE, Faust

The day of fortune is like a harvest day, We must be busy when the corn is ripe.
    GOETHE, Torquato Tasso

Fortune rarely accompanies anyone to the door.
    GOETHE, Torquato Tasso

Everyone believes in his youth that the world really began with him, and that all merely exist for his sake.

One never goes so far as when one doesn't know where one is going.

I call architecture frozen music.

Whoever gives himself up to solitude, Ah! he is soon alone.

Nature goes her own way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.

The man who masters himself is delivered from the force that binds all creatures.

You are certainly wrong to compare suicide.. with great accomplishments, since it cannot be considered as anything but a weakness. After all, it is easier to die than to endure a harrowing life with fortitude.

All extraordinary men, who have accomplished great and astonishing actions, have ever been decried by the world as drunken or insane.

Misunderstandings and neglect occasion more mischief in the world than even malice and wickedness.

Words are mere sound and smoke, dimming the heavenly light.
    GOETHE, Faust

Those who hope for no other life are dead even for this.

Life seems so vulgar, so easily content with the commonplace things of every day, and yet it always nurses and cherishes certain higher claims in secret, and looks about for the means of satisfying them.

There is nothing worth thinking but it has been thought before; we must only try to think it again.

Superstition is a part of the very being of humanity; and when we fancy that we are banishing it altogether, it takes refuge in the strangest nooks and corners, and then suddenly comes forth again, as soon as it believes itself at all safe.

Truth is a torch, but a huge one, and so it is only with blinking eyes what we all of us try to get past it, in actual terror of being burnt.

We all live on the past, and through the past are destroyed.

Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then criticism will gradually yield to him.

Beauty can never really understand itself.

It is not always needful for truth to take a definite shape; it is enough if it hovers about us like a spirit and produces harmony; if it is wafted through the air like the sound of a bell, grave and kindly.

The world of reason is to be regarded as a great and immortal being, who ceaselessly works out what is necessary, and so makes himself lord also over what is accidental.

Tell me with whom you associate, and I will tell you who you are.

Character calls forth character.

History-writing is a way of getting rid of the past.

It is as certain as it is strange that truth and error come from one and the same source. Thus it is that we are often not at liberty to do violence to error, because at the same time we do violence to truth

What a man does not understand, he does not possess.

It is much easier to recognize error than to find truth; for error lies on the surface and may be overcome; but truth lies in the depths, and to search for it is not given to everyone.

Piety is not an end, but a means: a means of attaining the highest culture by the purest tranquility of soul. Hence it may be observed that those who set up piety as an end and object are mostly hypocrites.

When intelligent and sensible people despise knowledge in their old age, it is only because they have asked too much of it and of themselves.

Faith is private capital, kept in one's own house. There are public savings-banks and loan-offices, which supply individuals in their day of need; but here the creditor quietly takes his interest for himself.

Painting and tattooing the body is a return to animalism.

If you lay duties upon people and give them no rights, you must pay them well.

Man would not be the finest creature in the world if he were not too fine for it.

Hatred is active displeasure, envy passive. We need not wonder that envy turns to soon to hatred.

The history of knowledge is a great fugue in which the voices of the nations one after the other emerge.

Ingratitude is always a kind of weakness. I have never known men of ability to be ungrateful.

It used to happen, and still happens, to me to take no pleasure in a work of art at the first sight of it, because it is too much for me; but if I suspect any merit in it, I try to get at it; and then I never fail to make the most gratifying discoveries--to find new qualities in the work itself and new faculties in myself.

It is a very hard and troublesome thing to dispose of whole, half, and quarter-mistakes; to sift them and assign the portion of truth to its proper place.

The most foolish of all errors is for clever young men to believe that they forfeit their originality in recognizing a truth which has already been recognized by others.

Whoso shrinks from ideas ends by having nothing but sensations
    Son düzenleyen: Moderatör: 17 Temmuz 2014